What to Do After an Uber/Lyft Accident
If you have been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, taking the following steps can help protect your rights and strengthen your potential claim:
1. Prioritize Your Health: Seek immediate medical attention, even if your injuries seem minor. Delaying medical care can jeopardize both your health and your claim.
2. Document the Accident: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to vehicles involved. Include date and time stamps on your photos.
3. Gather Information: Obtain the rideshare driver’s name, contact information, and insurance details. Record the vehicle’s license plate number and model.
4. Contact the Authorities: Call the police to report the accident and ensure that a formal accident report is filed.
5. Collect Witness Information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, obtain their contact information, including full name, phone number, and email address.
6. Preserve Evidence: Keep any clothing or personal items that may have been damaged in the accident as evidence.
7. Do Not Provide Statements: Avoid giving statements to insurance adjusters or signing any documents without consulting an attorney. Insurance companies may use your statements against you.
8. Consult an Attorney: Contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Fielding Law by calling 833.88.SHARK for a free, confidential consultation. An attorney can assess your case, discuss your rights, and provide guidance on the next steps.
Hiring an attorney is a crucial step in protecting your rights and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve after an Uber/Lyft accident.