Premises liability incidents encompass a wide range of accidents occurring due to hazardous conditions on someone else’s property. Whether you have experienced a slip, trip, and fall, been a victim of inadequate security, or faced an animal attack, understanding your rights and securing the right legal representation is crucial. Fielding Law recognizes the complexities involved in these cases, offering experienced and compassionate legal support to help you navigate challenges and secure the compensation you deserve.
Common Examples of Premises Liability Incidents
Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents: Occurring due to slippery surfaces, uneven walkways, or poorly maintained flooring.
Inadequate Security Leading to Assaults: When property owners fail to provide adequate security measures, resulting in criminal activities on the premises.
Dog Bites or Animal Attacks: Owners failing to control or restrain their pets, leading to injuries.
Poorly Maintained or Defective Structures: Accidents caused by the lack of maintenance or defects in the property’s structures.
Hazardous Conditions: Such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, or insufficient lighting, contributing to accidents.
In essence, when someone is injured on another person’s property, the injured party may have grounds for a premises liability claim if it can be demonstrated that the property owner or occupier failed to fulfill their duty of care, leading to the injury or damages.
What to Do After a Premises Liability Incident
- Prioritize Safety: Ensure safety for yourself and others involved by moving to a safe location away from traffic if possible.
- Check for Injuries: Assess yourself and others involved for injuries. If anyone is injured, call emergency services right away.
- Contact the Authorities: Report the incident to the police, even if seemingly minor, to document the incident for insurance claims or legal purposes.
- Gather Information: Collect details about the accident, including names, contact information, and insurance details of all parties involved. Note license plate numbers, make/model of vehicles, and the location and time of the incident.
- Document the Scene: Take photos or videos of the scene, capturing damages, road conditions, traffic signs, and other relevant factors if it is safe to do so.
- Identify Witnesses: Obtain contact information from any witnesses present, as their statements may be beneficial later on.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not feel injured right away, a medical evaluation is crucial. Some injuries may not manifest immediately, and a professional assessment is necessary.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep all documentation related to the incident, including medical records, police reports, insurance correspondence, and receipts for any expenses incurred.
- Consult a Personal Injury Attorney: Reach out to Fielding Law at 833.88.SHARK for a free consultation if you believe you have a legal claim. Our experienced team can provide the guidance and support you need during this challenging time.
Key Elements in Determining Liability in Premises Liability Cases
- Duty of Care: Property owners have a legal obligation to maintain their premises in a safe condition and address potential hazards.
- Breach of Duty: Liability is often established by showing that the property owner breached their duty of care by neglecting to address known hazards or provide adequate warnings.
- Causation: It must be proven that the property owner’s negligence directly caused the injuries suffered by the victim.
It is essential for individuals who have experienced a premises liability incident to be aware of their rights and seek legal representation promptly.
Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After an Incident
Legal Expertise: Navigating the legal system can be complex, and a personal injury attorney ensures your rights are protected.
Maximizing Compensation: An experienced attorney helps seek the maximum compensation for injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Negotiation Skills: Attorneys are skilled negotiators, engaging effectively with insurance companies and opposing parties to secure a fair settlement.
Litigation Support: In case of trial, an attorney provides strong representation, presenting a compelling case on your behalf.
At Fielding Law, we recognize the challenges associated with premises liability incidents. Our dedicated team is committed to advocating for your rights and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us at 833.88.SHARK for a free consultation, and let us guide you through the legal process, providing the support and representation you need during this challenging time. Remember, you do not have to face this alone – Fielding Law is here to help.
Awards & Memberships
Fielding Law takes pride in being an award-winning personal injury law firm, celebrated for our steadfast commitment to clients and empathetic approach to their legal needs.